Tuesday 24 February 2009

Step 1; The Knitting Machine


The first step in my project was to purchase my very own knitting machine, having graduated I could no longer rely on the art schools lovely supply.

I decided to purchase a Brother KH230 knitting machine. 
This was for a few reasons;

a) This particular model is for use of chunky or thicker wool which is exactly what I would be          using.

b) I had used this model before and knew that it produced high end results.

and 

c) Although obsolete this model is usually easy to find online, although at a price!


So I tracked one down on ebay and paid probably double what it was originally worth but it turned up in good working order minus one bent needle which was easily replaced.

The only slight snag was that my knitting machine did not come complete with a comb, which at the time I overlooked as a minor problem. However the lack of the comb proved to be more important than I first thought and made the whole process of knitting a lot more difficult than necessary

Due to the fact that the majority of manual knitting machines are obsolete spares are sometimes very hard to come buy. I could not trace a replacement comb to my knitting machine specifications so have to persevere without but this could of been easily avoided had I made sure this part came complete with my machine in the first place

No comments:

Post a Comment