Tuesday 24 February 2009

Step 2; Planning


Having already completed a proposal and been granted an exhibition space and date within the Project Slogan Gallery, I then began to to study the gallery  dimensions in order to determine how much wool would be needed.

It was very important that I looked at the specific gallery measurements as I did not want to be left with less materials than needed.
Not only did I need to figure out the amount of wool that would be required, I was also going to paint the entire space yellow so also had to take paint levels in to consideration. 

This whole process was probably one of the most daunting stages. 
Having never knitted anything to this scale before I only had my imagination and past experiences of knitting larger wool panels to help me through planning. 
The sheer scale of my project had begun to finally sink in.

In the end I decided 500 balls of wool would be enough on the basis that 4 balls of wool created a sheet that was roughly 2 metres in length, almost 4 when stretched. This would then give me 125 panels and approximately 500 metres of wool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment