Tuesday 24 February 2009

Step 3; The Wool.


I wanted to use a single tone, yellow, double knit wool called "sunshine".
I knew I wanted this to be my chosen wool as soon as I started planning my exhibition. 
The reason being that I have always liked the way that this particular colour of wool plays with its own aesthetic and changes in accordance to its surroundings. 
In using this wool I find it the perfect example of colour within and organic form, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Getting a hold of the wool proved a lot easier than I had anticipated thanks to the help of my favourite local wool shop which is located in the Aberdeen Market. I wanted to purchase my wool from a local store rather than a chain so that my money would benefit an independent business and those who work hard within it. 

I ordered my wool and it arrived  3 weeks later on the 8th of January , all 500 balls of it.  
So now I was ready to start knitting and making progress towards my deadline of the 17Th of March, only two months away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment